There is a Swiss option called Ignore meetings from round 1 to … This option can be used standalone if you want a type of Danish in the end if a Swiss but limit the number of revenge meetings to at most one.
Assume you play 10 rounds and you want Danish without revenge meetings in the last 3 rounds. Instead of selecting the Danish option you instead select this new option and enter 7.
This means that you will run a completely normal Swiss in rounds 1 to 7. For round 8 Magic Contest will ignore all previous meetings and place the top-2 ranked pairs against each other. For round 9 the same will apply, but round 8 will be used as the only “previous” round that may prevent revenge meetings.
The only exception to the above is when you have a bye. Each pair may only have one bye throughout the event, no matter the settings.
This option is especially useful together with the option Contest menu > Swiss > Convert barometer to Swiss. This allows you to run a barometer event for a number of rounds. Then you can run a few Swiss rounds and activate Ignore meetings… to ensure that the pairs in the top meet without for that matter meeting more than once.
Table of contents
- Start contest
- Enter names
- Seating for phantom pair in case of odd number of pairs
- Close preparations, and arrow switches in round 2
- Enter results and add new round
- Print round result and continue with the next round
- Use arrow switches at even tables in odd rounds
- Create Danish seating, i.e. allow pairs to meet more than once
- Use 95% Swiss
- Assign a Swiss break, e.g. after a lunch break
- Manually modify seating for next round
- Remove / Redo round
- Drop-out in team events
- Stationary pairs or teams
- Add Swiss rounds automatically
- Swiss room, for keeping the players in the same room
- Convert barometer to Swiss
- Ignore meetings from round 1 to …
- How are the pairings created?
- Case study: Extend a Swiss Pairs by four tables