There are four ways to do this:
- Import the hand record file when you start the contest
- Import the hand record file manually after start
- Enter the cards manually in Magic Contest
- Let the players enter the cards manually in Bridgemate
1. Import the hand record file when you start the contest
First of all you need the file from the duplication machine. Second, you need to make permanent settings for the windows to show at the start of a contest. The Hand record option must be selected.
Now, when you start a contest, one of the windows will ask you to import a hand record file. Click Browse and select the file from the duplication machine. The hand records should now import automatically.
2. Import the hand record file manually after you have started the contest
If you want to import a hand record file manually after you have started a contest, click Contest menu and select View hand record. Then click File and select Import. Now select the hand record file.
3. Enter the cards manually in Magic Contest
If you want to manually enter cards, first click Contest menu and select View hand record. Then it is a 2-step process:
- Click File and select Create empty deals.
- Select a board number and click Edit. Now you can enter cards.
When a hand is complete, click the arrow to the right to enter the next hand.
4. Let the players enter the cards manually in Bridgemate
There is an advanced feature where you can ask the players to enter the hand records in Bridgemate after the first round (or first time the board is played).
The setting for this is found in Contest menu > Settings for new contests > Pair contest > Bridgemate and the Bridgemate Control settings tab. At the bottom of this page you can find and activate Hand record > Enter hands.
Please go to the Bridgemate webpage for more information in the Bridgemate manual on how to enter cards in Bridgemate.