It is not guaranteed that an old version can be used just like that if you already tried installing a newer version. Once installed and started Magic Contest may give an error message to that effect.
This is how you change your computer’s internal settings if you need to run an old version when a newer version has been installed:
- Make sure to uninstall the newer version and install the old. version before proceeding with these instructions.
- Click the Start button and select Run (or write immediately on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or later.
- Write “regedit” and press Enter.
- A window opens with a tree structure.
- Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Brenning\Magic Contest entry in the tree structure by opening and/or closing entries.
- Delete Magic Contest through right-click and Delete (*). Be careful not to delete or modify anything else.
- Close regedit.
- Now you can most likely start the old Magic Contest version.
- There might be issues with your member file. Close Contest Explorer and click Member file. If you cannot select an existing member file you may have to create a new one.
– – HKEY_CURRENT_USER
– – – – Software
– – – – – – Brenning
– – – – – – – – Magic Contest
(*) If you want to keep old settings so that you can revert back to the new version and keep all settings you can right-click and select Rename.
- Save licence file from e-mail
- Install Magic Contest
- Windows 8 database trouble-shooting
- Install old version