There is a Swiss option called Ignore meetings from round 1 to … This option can be used standalone if you want a type of Danish in the end if a Swiss but limit the number of revenge meetings to at most one.
Assume you play 10 rounds and you want Danish without revenge meetings in the last 3 rounds. Instead of selecting the Danish option you instead select this new option and enter 7.
This means that you will run a completely normal Swiss in rounds 1 to 7. For round 8 Magic Contest will ignore all previous meetings and place the top-2 ranked pairs against each other. For round 9 the same will apply, but round 8 will be used as the only “previous” round that may prevent revenge meetings.
The only exception to the above is when you have a bye. Each pair may only have one bye throughout the event, no matter the settings.
This option is especially useful together with the option Contest menu > Swiss > Convert barometer to Swiss. This allows you to run a barometer event for a number of rounds. Then you can run a few Swiss rounds and activate Ignore meetings… to ensure that the pairs in the top meet without for that matter meeting more than once.
Table of contents
- 1. Start contest
- 2. Enter names
- 3. Seating for phantom pair in case of odd number of pairs
- 4. Close preparations, and arrow switches in round 2
- 5. Enter results and add new round
- 6. Print round result and continue with the next round
- 7. Use arrow switches at even tables in odd rounds
- 8. Create Danish seating, i.e. allow pairs to meet more than once
- 9. Use 95% Swiss
- 10. Assign a Swiss break, e.g. after a lunch break
- 11. Manually modify seating for next round
- 12. Remove / Redo round
- 13. Drop-out in team events
- 14. Stationary pairs or teams
- 15. Add Swiss rounds automatically
- 16. Swiss room, for keeping the players in the same room
- 17. Convert barometer to Swiss
- 18. Ignore meetings from round 1 to …
- 19. How are the pairings created?
- 20. Case study: Extend a Swiss Pairs by four tables